Drone & Code
What we do at Drone & Code!
We will begin by introducing the fundamentals of drone flight and control. The drones used in this program feature a number of different sensors and hand controller modules. These will be explained and gone over. Each child then assembles a drone and its hand controller, noting the different components along the way.*
Everyone has a build buddy which makes assembly fun.
After learning basic flight maneuvers, budding engineers get to write code that enables different flight characteristics. No previous coding experience is required, however, if your child has it, then they simply proceed according to their skill level. Coding instruction is given and your child has the option of coming to the program with their own laptop. They go home with the code they write!
Games and flight challenges add to the experience!
At the end of week, children will get to showcase their work.
* Please note that if your child wishes to keep the drone and controller that they assemble, then that is a separate optional purchase.
Your lead instructor is Brain Kreidberg, Computer Engineering at Hofstra University. Student to instructor ratio of 7:1 or less.
Custom, reduced rate transportation is by Sheprd, currently serving residents of Newton, Brookline, Wellesley and Weston. Call them at (617) 564-0725 for details! Be sure to mention that you have registered with Edge on Science, to get your preferred rate for rides to and from our programs at Regis College.
What, where, when & how much
Boston -Metro West MA
Regis College, Weston MA ● July 9-13 $655
● Week-long Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. program
● Optional extended care 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. $40 per session and/or 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. $90 per session
● Optional gourmet bagel sandwich lunch, including a fresh side, gourmet cookie & drink $60 per session
● Option to purchase the drone and hand controller $175.00
● Limited to 14 children, ages 10 to 14
● Register any two or more week-long sessions & save $25.00 on each one!