What we do at Drone Racing
We will begin by introducing the fundamentals of drone flight and control. The drones used in this program are actual racing class drones, with state-of-the-art electronic modules. These will be explained and gone over. Some drone assembly is done. Everyone has a build buddy which makes assembly fun.
Using GPS coordinates we will define an outdoor race course on the majestic grounds of Regis College. Rules will be established. Electronic gates will be set up. Headsets are configured for a first person view (FPV) of what the drone’s video camera sees. And then, the races begin!
● collaborate with your racing teammates & other teams
● use real tools and measuring instruments
● build, test and troubleshoot
● communicate your ideas
● discuss strategy
Outside of the racing circuit, there will be outdoor challenges and drone testing to be done. The idea is to gain a solid understanding of drone aerodynamics and to tinker with ways to accomplish tasks.
Your child will also be able to run drone computer simulations. And it doesn’t end there, because the drones are also programmable.
At the end of week, children get to showcase their work and flight skills.
Your program leader will be an engineer, scientist and/or scholar. Student to instructor / assistant ratio of 7:1 or less.
What, where, when, how much & registration
Boston -Metro West MA
Regis College, Weston MA ● July 22-26, 2019 ● $705 Early Bird Pricing (regularly $745)
● Week-long Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. program
● Optional extended care 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. $40 per session and/or 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. $90 per session
● Optional gourmet bagel sandwich lunch, including a choice of chips or whole fruit, gourmet cookie & drink $65
● Limited to 14 children, rising 5th-9th grade