Whales n’ Things
Whale hello there!
Learn about the whales off our New England coast and then go exploring for them; joining a local whale watching trip!
Your instructor will be marine biologist, Lindsay Hirt. She will guide your child in exploring local coastal areas, learning to observe as a naturalist does.
Inside we will use scientific methods and equipment to study our finds from the beach. Imagine using a stereo microscope to get up close to a tiny hermit crab!
Engineer, John Aviste will also be on hand to lead short activities and challenges that have an applied science spin to them. Does a humpback whale really have the power of a 747 jet during take-off? Or as an engineer, what could your child come up with that helps to sustain our ocean environment and its varied life?
• discover individually and in teams
• use scientific methods and equipment
• your child has fun exploring his or her particular interest
• games & challenges add to the fun
Your lead instructor is marine biologist, Lindsay Hirt, assisted by engineer, John Aviste. Student to instructor ratio of 7:1 or less.
What, where, when & how much
Plymouth Public Library, Plymouth MA ● July 31 – August 3 $655
● Week-long Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. program
● Optional extended care 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. $40 per session and/or 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. $90 per session
● Optional lunch $60 per session
● Limited to 14 children, ages 10 to 14
● Register any two or more week-long sessions & save $25.00 on each one!
Register on ActivityHero